If you are interested in joining our team and believe you have the qualities and skills to support the continued growth and evolution of our hotel and spa then please get in touch with us.
We are currently recruiting for the vacancies below. Please contact Tony at email@example.com for further information.
The Black Swan and Feversham Arms are 2 iconic independent hotels based in Helmsley North Yorkshire employing a combined 140 members of staff. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an HR Manager to join the team to set up and lead the Human Resources Department to cover both properties. Reporting directly to the Owners Representative, this position will be key in designing and driving forward the People Strategy for both hotels.
Responsibilities will include:
• Key member of the Management team responsible for the people strategy for 140 members of staff across 2 hotels
• Design, implementation and performance of all people matters including absence, benefits / compensation, communication, compliance / contracts, disciplinary / grievance, engagement equality / diversity, handbook, holidays, occupational health, pensions, performance appraisals, recruitment / agencies, staff accommodation, staff council, succession planning, training, turnover, values and well being
• Accountable for Learning and Development Strategy ensuring aligned with HR and Business Strategy
• Taking a lead role in driving forward the company culture across both properties engaging leaders and team members in adopting a forward thinking , people and customer focussed workplace that achieves it’s goals whilst being a fun place to work
• Business partner to the Owners Representative including support and guidance on development, targets and performance management of management team
• Provide coaching, advice and strategic solutions for all levels of management on their leadership and HR skills
• Accountable for recruitment, training, accommodation and welfare budgets
• Accountable for the design and implementation of all HR policies to ensure they fit with the company culture and comply with latest legal requirements
• Project design, leadership and management including restructures, 6 monthly employee engagement surveys, HR systems and process improvements
• Monthly collation, production, interpretation and reporting of all HR metrics
• Employee relations including dealing with union representatives and grievances
• Leadership and line management of HR Assistant
Ideally (although not essential), the successful candidate will have the following attributes, qualifications and experience:
• Forward thinking and conscientious
• Thorough and systematic
• Adaptable and thrives on variety / activity
• Tough minded, empathetic and customer focussed
• CIPD qualified
• Current or Recent HR Manager experience
• Food Retail, Retail or hospitality background
In return we offer a great place to work in a beautiful area of the UK with a competitive remuneration and benefits package (salary £30k - £40k dependent on experience/ qualifications) including discounts at both properties and on selected products.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your suitability for the role in regards to the responsibilities, attributes, qualifications and experience as well as your salary / working hours pattern expectations and current notice period.
Job Title: Commis Chef
Reporting To: Head Chef
Salary: Dependent on experience annum plus tips
Job Role: We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who will work within our growing team. This will include shift work and weekends. We are looking for someone who is flexible, motivated and is passionate about producing high quality food.Someone who has experience in a similar role and is able to work well under pressure. You must be willing to work under the wing of the Head Chef and Sous Chef and enthusiastic to learn. Be a team player with a bright personality and great attention to detail.
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Reporting To: Head Chef
Salary: Dependent on experience, plus tips
Job Role: For the Chef de Partie we are looking for someone who is flexible, motivated and is passionate about producing high quality food.Someone who has experience in a similar role and is able to work well under pressure.
You must be able to support and work under the wing of the Head Chef and enthusiastic to learn. Be a team player with a bright personality with great attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Verbena Spa Therapist
The Verbena Spa is recruiting for NVQ level 3 qualified therapists. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the health and beauty industry; with luxury spa experience a bonus. The highest standard of presentation and social skills are expected and you should be able to work in a busy environment. You should be able to multitask, moving from treatments, to handling laundry to taking orders from guests for food or drink although your main role will be to perform treatments.
In return the spa offers a luxurious, high paced environment in which to grow and develop your skills. Uniform and meals on duty are provided as well as gratuities and commissions on products sold.
Salary on application.
Chef de Rang
The Feversham Arms Hotel is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who will work within our growing team.
Your role will be to provide the highest level of service in the restaurant and lounges in order to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. You will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, possess good people skills and great attention to detail. Having experience working within 2/3 rosette establishment is essential and strong wine knowledge is desired. This is a very hands on role where you will have direct contact with all guests. Clear verbal communication is a must, ensuring you can interact with customers, and staff alike; as exceptional levels of service are expected at all times.
You will be assisting the Restaurant Manager on all levels of the restaurant and its delivery to the guests. This will include shift work and weekends.
We are currently looking for a Commis Waiter to join the restaurant team within our busy 2 AA Rosette Weathervane Restaurant.