The Feversham Arms Hotel History
The Feversham Arms Hotel Yorkshire was originally an old coaching inn and was rebuilt and renamed in 1855 by the Earl of Feversham on the site of an older hostelry. Previously known as The Guest House, The Board Inn and latterly The Bay Horse where beer and candles were made for sale. At the same time the three cottages adjacent to the hotel were built by the Earl in matching Yorkshire stone.
When the Hotel was bought by Charrington’s Brewery in 1967, the building finished at the first window as you enter the front lounge. Mr and Mrs de Aragues purchased the Hotel from what was by then Bass in 1977. They then went on to purchase the three adjacent cottages to extend the Hotel, added the swimming pool and gardens which all added together became the extremely popular Feversham Arms Hotel & Spa it remains today.
In 2000, the Hotel was sold to Studford Leisure, a local firm who also owned The Feathers Hotel in the marketplace. They upgraded the premises considerably and sold it on in late 2003.