Feversham Arms & Verbena Spa Manifesto
To remain ‘covid secure’ we ask for your help and understanding in the following areas to ensure we provide the level of service associated with the Feversham.
On arrival you will find an NHS QR code in reception and the lounge area. If you have the NHS track and trace app please scan this code and you should receive a confirmation text. If you are visiting the hotel as a non-resident and do not have the app please leave your details at reception. For hotel guests we collate guests details at the point of reservation or check-in so we can be sure we have all the necessary information.
We kindly ask that you follow the current UK guidance for your tier when making a trip to the hotel: Local restriction tiers: what you need to know - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We are currently following tier 2 guidance:
- We cannot accept bookings from more than one household unless you are in a social bubble
- Alcohol can only be served as part of a substantial meal. Why not book our wonderful Afternoon Tea to enjoy with a glass of fizz prior to check in? Quote MANIFESTO to get 10% off your Afternoon Tea (new bookings only - discount can be redeemed on full priced Afternoon Tea - MANIFESTO must be quoted at the time of booking)
- Last orders are 10pm and all drinks and food must be consumed by 11pm
To allow for smooth and timely dinner experience we are offering table bookings between 6pm and 9pm. If you have an existing booking out with of these times we will be in touch to look at the best option for you.
We are asking all guests to peruse the menu on check-in and let us know their menu choices before dinner so that we can maintain our exceptional service standards.
We are very lucky to have a selection of suites within the hotel that means our room service dining option is very popular. This can be taken up until 9.30pm if you are staying in one of our suites.
We will provide all service for you at the table, in true Feversham style.
Unless dining or drinking our guests, and our team, will be required to wear face coverings throughout the hotel
The bar and restaurant will end service at 10pm but we can confirm that guests do not have to retire at this time and can continue to relax in public areas.
Any further refreshment after 10pm can be accessed via room service.
We will continue to follow and implement future Government and Public Health England (PHE) guidance as this is updated.
Our housekeeping team have always been thorough, but guests may now notice that this previously discreet service will be very visible throughout the Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa. This will include:
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation
- Enhanced cleanliness and sanitation
- Extensive and frequent use of hand sanitation and sanitation units around the hotel
- Deep and frequent clean and sanitation of guest bedrooms, bar and restaurant and public spaces such as corridors, reception, lounge etc
- Frequent checks and audits of cleaning protocols
- Frequent cleaning of all surfaces, handrails, lift buttons, desks, telephones etc
- Guests will be asked to abide by the social distancing rules in communal areas
Guests Bedroom Hygiene Protocol
To ensure that we successfully manage enhanced cleanliness protocols and social distancing rules we will have fewer rooms available at any given moment. Our enhanced hygiene protocols include:
- All linen removed and laundered between guest visits
- All in-room facilities will be deep cleaned between guest visits
- This single use strategy will extend to publications, leaflets and magazines which will no longer be available in public areas but behind reception and provided on request
We ask that our team and our guests respect the current Government guidelines around social distancing.
- Seating areas and workstations will be arranged to respect the current 2-metre social distancing guidance
- We have currently suspended our valet parking to protect the safety of our guests and of our team
- We will operate a one-way system of lifts going up and stairs coming down and will flex accordingly to facilitate any reduced mobility requirements
Social Distancing in our Bars & Restaurants
- Tables will respect social distancing measures between parties
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner times will be confirmed on check-in to ensure times are staggered so that we can accommodate safe seating practice.
- Many of our rooms and suites have their own dining area and guests are welcome to enjoy fine dining in the comfort of their own room
- Room service is encouraged for guests who would prefer not to use the communal dining area
- Under the current Government guidelines 6 is the maximum table size allowed
- Weather permitting, we encourage guests to enjoy outdoor dining in our Mediterranean terrace area with a view of the pool
- We have suspended the breakfast buffet but the extensive breakfast menu, including our world-famous Yorkshire breakfast, will be available at your table
The outdoor pool and jacuzzi are open, and a plan of usage is in place to ensure social distancing. The Verbena Spa heat facilities are closed and will remain so until further notice. We are offering a treatment menu to all hotel guests. The following safety procedures are in place in the Verbena Spa.
- All Spa visitors will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to ensure the safety of the team and guests and to comply with contact tracing requirements
- Our spa changing rooms are currently closed
- Hotel guests have access to the swimming pool and hot tub which are booked via time slots from the Hotel Reception. All other heat facilities are closed due to government guidelines. Unfortunately, due to our changing rooms being closed, any day guests will only have access to their treatments booked
- The juice bar is open serving food and drink in the spa and on the terrace. You may help yourself to complimentary water.
- As you settle into the relaxation area you will notice spa brochures and magazines have been removed
- The entire spa will be thoroughly cleaned prior to opening and you will regularly see our team sanitising high touch points around the spa
- For treatments, a Perspex screen is in place for manicures. All treatments will start with our new beginnings welcome touch.
- All team members have been provided with the appropriate PPE to carry out treatments
- Our team has undertaken robust training around the new health and hygiene protocols prior to reopening
- Our team will have their temperatures checked on arrival before their shift
- Additional hand washing procedures and audits have been introduced for our team
- We have implemented staggered arrival and departure times for our admin team
- PPE will be provided for our team members where appropriate such as face coverings, disposable gloves, and gowns if required
Keeping up to date
This manifesto is not exhaustive, and we will continue to update this document as new guidelines are released. We look forward to welcoming you at the Feversham with the above in place to ensure the safety of both our guests and team members.
Updated: 16th December 2020