Have a break, have a cookie
We all need a bit of respite from our days from time to time, just a little moment to put our feet up and relax.
Like you we understand this is vital, whether you need a moment out from a meeting or have arrived with us after a busy day or even a long journey.
To ensure our guests really escape from their day we always accompany their breaks with a little treat in the form of a double chocolate chip cookie, straight from our kitchen here at the Feversham Arms Hotel.
These delicious bites of crumbly cookie jam packed with chocolate drops are a favourite amongst anyone joining us for a tea or coffee break and are also served to our corporate guests who have a meeting booked with us.
Now as a treat our Head Chef Norman Mackenzie has shared his recipe with you so everyone can enjoy a Feversham Arms Hotel style break.
To prepare takes 20 minutes, cooking time is 14 minutes and this recipe will make 40 cookies.
- 290 g butter
- 290 g dark brown sugar
- 2 full eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 2½ tsp vanilla essence
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 150 g porridge oats
- 290 g dark chocolate
- 290 g white chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence and beat well
- Finally, fold in the flour, oats and chocolate, this will make a solid dough
- Roll into a cylindrical shape, approximately 6 cm in diameter
- Cut into slices, approximately 1 cm thick
- Place on the baking tray, at least 1½ inches apart from one another
- Cook in the oven for 14 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
After all this is done, sit back and enjoy your delectable cooking with a well deserved rest.